Monday, April 28, 2003

its funny how life decides that finals week is the perfect time to add more stress in my life, through guy and girl friendships. and i only have four full days up here...and now is the time that i get bombarded with it. partially due to my stupidity and partially due to the very fact that i'm leaving. why now? God is pretty much doing this and telling me...
"Trust Me carrie, trust Me in every area of your life right now...not just the academic part."
and i'm the one saying, "why now...why can't you teach me this lesson next week?? why this one?"
"Because I know better than you. Plus, you can get through this week, with My strength. I am always with you. I enjoy being with you, and I will quiet you with My perfect love."
"But I've already messed up today...taking a situation into my own hands and trying to be on top of it all...and failing miserably. being humbled....not fun. and this is all just today...the beginning of the week! how will i get through to the end?!"
"Yes you did mess up because you were trying. Once you let me help you through it, you felt better right?"
"yeah...i guess."
"you guess?"
"yes. i do feel better. but how can i mess up so quickly?"
"Well--"
"Never mind...don't answer that question..."
"Carrie, I know you better than anyone and I can tell you that you will get through alright. Trust Me. thats all I ask of you."
"Ok Lord...I give You control of this week, my three exams, my summer, and my friendships. But I can't promise I won't try to take them back...because my faith is so fragile--"
"Thats ok, I didn't ask for you to promise...I want to you trust Me. I love you carrie, and have created plans uniquely for you. Plans for well-being and not for misery, to give you a future and a hope. Rest in that promise."

No comments: