Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Today would have to be summed up as a great day. :) I realized a lot of things....learned a lot too! The day started out with a revelation about myself...I realized that I am a modern-day Israelite. This morning I was reading Nehemiah 9: 9-31. It was a song of praise to God by the Israelites....and as I read it I realized how my life paralleled their journey through the wilderness. God showed them wonders like they've never seen before...He saved them from an oppressive king. But once they got to the wilderness they complained and complained...."we have no food", so God sent them manna. then it was "we have no water." God provided water through a rock. then it became "we are tired of manna we want something else...." so He provided quail. then they followed Him and loved Him for awhile...until they were dis-satisfied and turned to idols and earthy men. So God let them and saw them go through the consequences for their choices....death, disease, pain. And the Israelites cried out to God for help....amazingly enough He chose to hear them and come and rescue them from themselves basically. It amazes me so much how many times God does that over and over and over again in the Old Testiment.
Well that picture is the same as my life....God shows up in my life in a huge way, I am in love with Him, I feel His presence. I delight in being a child of His. then as the feelings fade and i walk along through life...the complaining starts...."Ugh. i don't like how You are making me do this...or go through this." just like a spoiled brat. So God shows me a glimpse of His love for me. then it becomes "why can't I have that over there...like she/he has...." or "I'm tired of being here...i don't want to try anymore. i can't see down the road of my life so it must be bad." then God shows me part of His plan for my life...and I rejoice. then my eyes begin to look towards myself and my own world...instead of looking up to see God and see eternal perspective. I begin to turn to idols in my life....friends, school, apathy, family, activity, tv. telling God that I am fully capable of doing things on my own and I'm in control and its all going to be ok. like the prodical son i run away...and God watches me with sadness but lets me go. Then the consequences set in and in my distress i call out to Him and come crawling back bruised and broken. In His grace He helps me up and walks with me the rest of the way home. Sadly I wish i could stay leaning on Him letting Him lead the way...but no, my flesh doesn't like that idea and the cycle starts again. Thank you Lord for being gracious and forgiving.

anyways....this is what i learned about myself today. so i prayed that God would show me Himself all day...and it was awesome! I had the best mood, the day was perfect weather wise! I got an A on my biology test when i took it a second time. :) :) :) and I felt sooooooo good about my middle-eastern history test i took today. God is good.

oooh! i'm going to be really random now. there were a few interesting things that happened to me today:

1. I ate a chocolate chocolate-chip cookie ice-cream sandwich. oh the yummy-ness of that treat! ;) although the only problem that i found with it was that once you finished it, you were full and felt full for an incredibly long period of time...not a very fun thing for someone like me who loves to eat constantly. but it was an experience worth trying! :)
2. I went tanning on Landis Green. this my friends was the first real college experience i have had yet! I was like those college girls in the movies who lay out on big grassy areas tanning! It was so great! Katie and I were laying there skipping class (teehee) and as jonathan lipps put it "letting the sun kiss us."
3. I had a frisbee thrown over my head while I was tanning. Katie and I were just laying there all nice soaking in the rays...when a bunch of Kappa Sig guys decided it was the pefect spot to throw a frisbee! so yeah there were a couple times where it almost hit our heads. scary stuff if you ask me! ;)
4. I thought I had lost my purple sunglasses...i had left them in the testing center when i took my bio test. poor things had to stay in there all alone! tsk tsk. i seem to be loosing a lot of things lately...hmmm....

well thats all i can think of to say...i have really enjoyed this day. now time to do stupid math practice quizes. oh and how the fun will begin.

No comments: