Sunday, May 04, 2003

ok...why is it that the creepy people seem to come out of the woodwork at gas stations?? you don't see many of them until you seriously get to a gas station! The reason I'm talking about this is because I had one of these experiences before I left Tally.

I was sitting in our van waiting for my dad to come back from getting a receipt at the counter. I had the windows rolled down and music playing...it was incredibly hot that day...ugh summer here we come...anyways. this truck pulls up and two African American guys come sauntering out and slowly make their way to the front of the gas station. then another one comes out of no where (he had on this huge hat, which i'm assuming had muchos amounts of afro-ed hair in it...but thats besides the point ;) ) and greets the other two.

well the driver starts walked back to his truck. and then his friend started to follow him...but instead of going towards the truck he looked straight at me and started walking over towards me. Now this whole time i was constantly watching for dad wanting to start our four hour drive back home but still sorta wary of those guys. at this point i started freaking out a bit in my head. he kept looking at me funny and i kept shifting my eyes behind him searching for dad. so he turned to look behind himself and saw dad. But as he and I watched, it looked like dad was heading towards another vehicle, so he sorta smiled freakishly and looked back at me and continued walking. but by this time i saw dad coming and i was screaming in my head for him to hurry up! dad did get to the van just in time for the guy to realize and sorta smile at me weirdly again. then he wandered back to his truck where he leaded up against the back, and stared at me somemore. by this time i was seeing this all through my periferal vision...not wanted to look at him at all. We started to leave and the driver guy who had been watching his friend this whole time did one of those guy head nods to dad as we drove by. i asked dad later what he thought the guy was wanting...and dad said he probably wanted to ask for money...but i dunno. it was just a really freaky experience.

No comments: