Monday, April 07, 2003

A depressing thing happened today. I found out that my favorite english professor will not be returning in the Fall. :( I had been hoping to take another class of his, but now it isn't possible. I really did enjoy him. He was the first professor that I actually talked to after class because I was interested in the material and wanted to continue talking on topics we were discussing in class...like college students do in the movies. sadness. why does he have to leave? CJ (a guy in my class) and I are highly disappointed. We had hoped to follow him through our majors (both English Ed.). Both of us had a routine of chatting with Dr. Martin after class in the stairwell...that was the place we usually ended up, and afterwards we all go our separate ways. Usually with me speed walking to my next class that is on the other side of campus with only ten minutes to do it!! CJ and I were also some of the ones that participated in class and joked around with him. We talked about random things too...like his former days in college, and even one time we talked about a student who had written on his SUSAI form in big bold letters that "YOU ARE NOT FUNNY." of course we laughed about that...and agreed that you have to have a sense of humor when you are reading about American Literature. hahaha. Another time he talked about one of his senior level classes and how they were constantly devising ways of distracting him--he conceded that it worked because...the later the day, the more he goes off topic. Then he said that in another class he had that was mostly made up of females, one of them started talking about weddings, and the class began to talk furiously...he ended up entering into the conversation and adding to it. of course we talked about it in our stairway chat room and decided that people who get married young are very brave and that none of us could handle it! (don't worry leah and michelle....i am sincerely happy for you both! I can't wait to see/be in your weddings.) :)

I guess this is just one of the ways God had blessed me this year...I hope that there are professors in my future that are just as fun and exciting to talk to...so farewell Dr. Martin! Hope you find fun students to talk to in Missouri and a good school that pays you well! Make sure and find some hay to stick in your mouth and some overalls to wear when you teach! ;)

No comments: