Monday, June 21, 2004

Bf from the past

Today I finally got a chance to talk with my former boyfriend. It was a great conversation and brought back many memories from last summer when we were together. I had a lot of fun with him and am glad we dated, even if it was a short while. It taught me a lot of things and gave me a guy friend who I can talk to who will listen and care about what I have to say. The best thing about him, besides his adorable smile and laugh, is his thoughtfulness. I never knew that would be an important quality I would want in a guy until I dated him. He knew how to cheer me up, listened to me complain about stuff, and even helped me let go of a lot of emotional baggage I had. I don't even know if he knew he was helping me that much! Even a year later he remembered all the dating mishaps that I've been through with other guys! I'm hoping we'll get a chance to really catch up maybe over coffee or Chai tea...like we used to drink together. He wants to leave Florida, since he's graduated from the D.A.V.E school, and hopefully work for a company that animates computer games. I know his dream would be to live in New Zealand and work there....maybe someday I'll get a postcard from him telling me he's finally reached his goal! Who knows maybe I'll go visit him and then I'll finally have a reason to go out to New Zealand and Australia--thus accomplishing my dream as well!

No comments: