Friday, October 03, 2003

well i'm in O-town and it feel sooo nice to be home. :) I have a lot of plans for this short weekend...i doubt many of them will happen, but its nice to have fun plans in your head! One plan that will NOT change, is writing my essay. ugh. i wish it was done already. but i have this little drive inside of me to finish it tomorrow...i'm hoping before 3:00pm. that way the rest of the weekend i can play!

anyways...last night was another social for my sorority. the theme was Secretaries and Executives...so easy to dress for! This is partly why i went. ;) another reason was one of my sisters, Elizabeth, was only going for an hour! so that sounded good to me! it was an OK social, as socials go. We had it on the top of A.J.'s a sports bar. So it was cold, just cause it was outside and 50 degrees. Yes, we are having a cold front in Tally...but only for a week the weatherman said. sad. :(

The weird part about this social was the fact that when everyone started dancing...the floor moved. a lot. it sorta scared me. i guess to those who were drinking it either felt normal or they just ignored it!! the guys were actually quite nice. anytime one of them accidentally bumped me while walking through a group...they apologized! which is not seen often in frat boys. so i was impressed by that. they also were very much into dancing. and since i can't dance this provided me with a bit of a problem...but i kept telling myself that it was only an hour, and before i knew it, 45 minutes had gone by! my problem with these socials is that once i get there i have to sort of survey the crowd first...because i get intimidated by the large number of people and the fact that i have to have small talk with them for 2+ hours. then i start to mingle. well people automatically think i'm not having a great time at first...but in reality i'm trying to catch my bearings in this room of people. i was pretty proud of myself during this social because i actually met around seven guys, and had the normal small talk with them. it was completely boring and i felt like i was being rushed all over again!! But still, i did my sisterly duty and 'mingled' with them! "improving social relations within the Greek community."

No comments: