Wednesday, October 29, 2003

It is such a gorgeous day! Today I was sitting under a tree on the cement wall watching ants make their home. I have never really taken the time to watch them build anything...I've watched them walk in their little lines or surround a dead bug, but never building. I was completely amazed. They work constantly! Picking up a small piece of dirt and walking up the hill and placing it down and going back into their hole and doing all over again. It really is cool to watch. The ants were so small that all I really saw were these pieces of dirt moving up the hill to the top and then stopping.

As I sat there I realized all those times I kicked ant piles, or smashed them flat, I was destroying a work of art. Granted, dirt is not considered to us as art, but to the ants, it is. That dirt pile specifically made by them, is their way of glorifying God. It is a way that God shows Himself to us. I sat there in wonder of how creative God is and how neat it is that His creation--even ants--can teach me a lesson on perseverance and dedication.

I also enjoyed the fall leaves. I picked up about seven different leaves that had a gradiant of colors. I LOVE this time of year. Something about seeing trees have so much color is exciting to me. Being able to be outside and not so cold that you're miserable, but it not being excruciatingly hot is awesome! :) I'm going to take those leaves and hopefully leaves I find in South Carolina this weekend back to Orlando and pretend that fall actually happens there. The fact that any city in Florida has some semblance of seasons is cool to me.

"The falling leaves, drift by the window. The Autumn leaves of red and gold. I see your lips, the summer kisses. The sunburned hands, I used to hold. Since you went away, the days grow long. And soon I'll hear, ol' Winter song. But I miss you most of all, my Darling...when Autumn leaves start to fall.... "

No comments: