Thursday, March 16, 2006

5 Things I adore

To balance out the 5 items I despise, I thought I would also make a list of 5 things I adore. The first one is...

1. Apples and Peanut butter! What a delightful treat. I only recently discovered this combination and now am obsessed with it! One morning I had two whole apples with peanut butter! How have I missed out on such a find!

How did I discover this wonderful goodness, you might ask? Well a good friend made lunch for me one Sunday afternoon and offered peanut butter to go along with my apple slices...peanut butter?! I said, and she was amazed I had never heard of it. Lo and behold, it was amazing and now I spread the news to everyone...but I am learning that I am the last person in the country to find out about this combo. Everyone else seems to have had it and was introduced to it in childhood. Hmm...curious...apples and peanut butter definitely didn't make it into my childhood home overseas!

But I'm not bitter, it's fun discovering these things--it's the simple things that make life enjoyable! This is why, I give apples and peanut butter the stamp of approval in my book and place them on my list of things I adore! :) So go out there and grab yourself a juicy apple and that lovable jar of peanut butter (crunchy or smooth--apples do not demand one over the other) and enjoy this simple delicacy!

3 comments:

Carly said...

I am so relieved you posted something new because now I am not forced to be a big dork and leave two comments on the one before this. anyways. yes I do believe you're the last one in the country to discover this but I am very excited for you! And thank you for this: "So go out there and grab yourself a juicy apple and that lovable jar of peanut butter." I feel like I just got a pep talk to go to battle or something... well and mostly I just want some peanut butter. I also wanted to tell you to read the comment I left on Brigitte's Alias thing because that is directed at you too... you're half of the party responsible for the state I am finding myself in now. goodness. Anyways I'm off... I'm on a studying kick (Middle Eastern Civ.) and was just taking a break. I better get back before it passes and I become lazy again. (It's like Cinderella at midnight...) k love you!

Anonymous said...

I love you :)

i've heard of apples and cheese...but peanut butter? sounds de-lish :D

-kristie <3

Carrie said...

WOW! I have others who have never experienced this! How amazing! :) Both of which grew up in the Philippines with me...must be an American tradition then...hmm curious...