Monday, January 10, 2005

God is good

So after being in three spanish classes, I've finally found the one that fits me perfectly! My teacher speaks spanish the whole time, but pauses and repeats enough that I can follow along. He cracks jokes, and even makes fun of english! Today in class I felt challenged, but not so much that I'm overwhelmed with the material...yay for Spanish 1! (He even isn't that bad to look at...God knew it would take more motivation than graduation for me to get through Spanish! )

Another exciting thing is that I am understanding The Ambassadors by Henry James. He wrote that book in the 1903, and according to my teacher it is a very hard book to read and eventually we will get so frustrated with it that we will throw it across the room. For one thing it is really long, has lots of descriptive details, and has a very boring plot (some guy trying to find another guy in England and take him back home to America). BUT...the cool thing is that I am understanding...and actually have enjoyed reading it at times...this is a miracle. God is blessing me so much right now.

I heard through the grapevine that the English Education department lost a lot of students last semester because of their poor treatment to the students and horrible scheduling. There were around 70 students in the major, and now there are only 50ish. They cancelled two required classes in the middle of registration and decided to offer them in the summer, then one of the professors decided that she wasn't going to teach this semester and would come back over the summer...and they wonder why students are stressed and dropping the major....HA!

I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT IN THAT MESS! I feel like jumping around and clapping my hands--rejoicing that I am in the English department and on the pretty side of campus. Thank You, Lord, for putting the idea to change my major in my head! I love English Lit!

No comments: