Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Crazy forecasts

Random facts my dad and I found on the internet:

-The hottest recorded temperature was 136°F in El Azizia, Libya (Africa) on September 13, 1922.

-The longest hot spell was in Marble Bar, W. Australia. It was 100°F for 162 consecutive days from Oct. 30, 1923 to Apr. 7, 1924.

-The coldest recorded temperature was -129°F in Vostok, Antarctica on July 21, 1983.

-The average temperature for the hottest month in Antarctica is -25.7°F.

-The hottest it has gotten in Iraq is 124°F. Today the high in Baghdad is expected to be 105°F!

* All I can say is that I am VERY thankful to be in 50-85°F degree weather most of the year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm - ye - funny thing - it suddenly got a whole lot hotter in Colorado since I got here - was just wondering if you could look this up on the internet, shed some light on it? !I thinkit may have something to do with the arrival of a certain flight from Orlando a few days ago..:)