Friday, September 19, 2003

ahhhh! the beauty of food in my tummy. it is the best feeling in the world. especially today. i am just now eating dinner, sad i know. all i wanted to do this afternoon was shop for like two hours max on my little sister stuff that i need for phi mu...but it turned into a shopping trip that lasted from 4:00-8:30pm. I am sick and tired of driving...and wish i could beat something up!

Reasons for Carrie's stress level being so high:

1. the traffic lights every three inches in this city. when there's a home game in tally, EVERYONE is out on the road for some reason...thus making the traffic lights unbearable...and considering there are millions of them in our small city, it makes it pretty crazy.

2. No Super Target five minutes away from where I live. Yeah, that pleasure is only found in Orlando (which i DEARLY miss right now). here in tally its like fifteen minutes away and isn't a super target. just a regular one. so to compensate for this i had to go to the normal target and the Super WalMart, which is thirty minutes away. oh yeah...it was so fun <--to be read VERY sarcastically.

3. the fact that Number 1 Stir Fry (my all time favorite food stop here in Tallahassee) does NOT accept Discover card or checks. this was my last stop on the way home...and i get parked and go inside. i ask them, do you take Discover? 'no.' do you accept checks? 'no.' and i look inside my wallet...and lo and behold...only $5.00. not enough for a meal. so i have to get back into my car and go to publix to take money out.

4. Publix ATMs. now normally this process wouldn't have been stressful at all...but since i am having one of the worst times getting food in the history of food getting...it had to be. i stuck my card in there and accidentally pressed "get cash out of savings account." i don't have a savings account on my FSU card. so i cancel the transaction. then i see that my card popped out, so i push it back in. well it gets stuck. and i can't get the stupid machine to do anything....thankfully the machine realized my card was in it and it popped it back out again. and i got my money.

5. People who cut me in line when i'm about to check out and just stare at me like i'm crazy for even thinking about checking out before them.

6. People who go ten under the speed limit because they just feel like it and stay in the fast lane while i'm trying to get to Super Walmart and am very hungry.

7. the fence around the parking lot of Phi Mu. when i park in the lot right next to Phi Mu, i have to walk all the way around it to get to our house. this is fine when i remember everything in my car i have to bring to the house. but like today...i walk all the way up to my room with my arms full of stuff and i realize. oh my cell phone is in the car...great. i walk all the way back around the fence and get the cell phone and walk around the fence again to get to the house. :p

8. parking lots that say "During Home Games, this lot needs to be cleared by 5:00pm Friday. Or you will be towed." Did Carrie care about this sign at this point??? NO! i just wanted to eat!! i'm assuming that i will be the one car out of the five that are left in that lot to be towed. oh well. don't care at this moment in time.

Things that are helping calm down Carrie:

1. Tomatoes
2. Rice
3. Cashews
4. Teriyaki sauce
5. Stir fry in general
6. A whole night with Tatie :)
7. A night with Mr. Darcy (P &P)
8. Iced tea (perfectly made--1/4 sweet, 3/4 unsweet)
9. Double dipped chocolate malt ball (comes with the stir fry--seriously this place is great!)
10. 4 crunchy chocolate chip cookies that are waiting for Kate and I to eat them!
11. Christmas music playing on my computer--this is a big contribution to my mood change
12. The anticipation of a quiet night
13. The little boy who was selling popcorn in front of publix, and decided to stand guard protecting my card from being stolen out of the ATM as I got help. then watching my every move as I took money out! he was so cute. :) he told me that his mom usually gets $20 ( i got $40 out).
14. A parking space two steps from the entrance to Michaels
15. Not having to eat fake hamburgers for dinner

notice the good out number the bad...so i'll be fine. it will just take a couple more Christmas songs and the rest of my stir fry and malt!! ;)

No comments: