Monday, November 12, 2007

September 29th: My Fun-Filled Date With Dan

Where did we go you might ask?

To the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival of course!

I've always enjoyed Epcot, but now I love it even more! They successfully combined two of my favorite things: international flair + food. And what's more, I experienced this lovely festival with my favorite person...my boyfriend Dan. :)

After donning our newly purchased outfits, Dan with his faux-hawk and me in my green conductor hat excitedly entered the park. Yes, we totally worked the "prep" look!

Disney music greeted us as we strolled to the International Marketplace. Once the song turned into a waltz, we couldn't help ourselves. Dan stopped and asked me to dance. So we waltzed right there in the middle of the sidewalk. It was so fun! We even received compliments and smiles from people passing by. That's when I knew it was going to be a fantastic day. :)

First stop: Argentina

We bought both main dishes and shared. I chose the spicy beef empanada and he got the grilled beef with chimichurri sauce. We saw on the menu that underneath each entree it listed a wine and gave a price...we both thought, "oh you get a discount when you buy the item with the wine." FALSE. You pay for both, as in the wine itself is another $3.50! Disney is ridiculous.

After finishing our food, we graded them. It was then that we decided the only true way to experience this festival is to come up with a scale: 1 (troll), through 5 (outstanding). Yes, I just used Harry Potter OWL references... I know, I know, I'm a book worm, but J.K. Rowling uses such perfect descriptions I couldn't resist! My dish received a 2, and his a 3. To me both wines were gross, so he graded them and both scored lower than a 3.

Mexico was next on the list but instead of eating there, we took a boat and floated through Rio del Tiempo. I have to say that they changed the ride to include more Disney characters and flat screens...didn't like it much, sensory overload! Before it explained Mexican history and now you travel through Mexico in search of Donald Duck...not as interesting. What did I learn about Mexico? They enjoy having fiestas...all the time.

Up next: Visiting the Emerald Isle.

No comments: