Monday, August 28, 2006

"Redefine Your Tea Experience" -Mighty Leaf TeaCompany

*I didn't realize until after I finished writing this post how interactive it is!! How fun! :) Be sure and 'play' as you read. Click the links, they enhance the post reading experience!*

Mmmm...what a lovely cup of tea Mighty Leaf creates. More than once this miraculous tea as brought me out of a study stupor, writer's block and gloomy mood (like today). Amazingly enough, I do not normally drink tea or even like tea...unless its Starbucks Tazo Chai tea Latte or Passion iced tea with half the sugar...but man, when I discovered Mighty Leaf...tea became a dream come true!

How did I find it? Well good ol' Pancheros!! Yes, that wonderful establishment at Florida State served me well. I raise my teacup to them for choosing such a splendid tea company. :)

Well...on to describing the experience of the Mighty Leaf...the colorful aroma swirls around your nose when the tea bag is first brought out and placed into the mug. The steaming liquid pours over the whole leaves and spices infusing the water. Personally, I keep my bag in the mug for as long as I drink the tea...to me, the bag is part of the whole experience. I must pause and say these tea bags are quite unique. How awesome is it that they are fabric-like!

Anyways...next comes the tasting (after waiting a few minutes for the water to drop from a scalding temperature). This part is unique to every cup. Today I tried adding hazelnut coffee creamer into my tea--WOW--my taste buds were partying like crazy! Another time I used 2% and it was just as good...especially with my favorite flavored black tea...Orange Dulce.

---Orange Dulce: a luscious, rich brew teeming with notes of bergamot, orange, vanilla and jasmine blossoms. Made with Ceylon and China black teas, Orange Dulce brews up a fragrant and full bodied dark tea...the flavor is sure to please--- (directly from their website)

Sadly, I haven't found anywhere else that serves this tea besides Florida State and Duke University...so I will resort to online ordering until an establishment discovers what a treasure trove awaits in the Mighty Leaf.

p.s. I raise my teacup to Kyle, who kindly ordered Orange Dulce for me to enjoy while I work. Today's happiness is in part due to him!! :) Such a lovely friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE mighty leaf loves this entry A LOT :)

you are such a great writer! i only hope i have an inkling of your talent :D

-kristie