Sunday, August 27, 2006

How I’ve missed my friends

Uncovered post from July...

July 25, 2006
2:48pm

I have discovered how deeply I treasure literature and hold it close to my heart. After listening to excerpts from Beowulf, Emily Dickinson, Geoffrey Chaucer, Jane Austen, John Keats, Walt Whitman, William Blake, William Wordsworth in Encarta (it was semi-work related!)...

...and remembering reading prose by Charlotte Bronte; Jonathan Swift; Henry David Thoreau; Nathaniel Hawthorne; and poems by Lord Byron, Robert Frost, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight…

I realized how much I miss these literature companions! They have been with me all through my schooling, especially college, and it feels as though I have tossed them aside without a thank-you or proper ‘goodbye.’

However, I do not want to push them aside or let their memory die in my little world. I want to keep their beautiful work alive and readily accessible whenever the need arises for a good dose of literature. So I’ve decided to find quotes by some of my favorites and place them in my cubie or in my home as my ‘Heroes of Literature.’ Men and women whose prose and poetry fueled my love for the written word, aided my writing, and challenged my imagination.

No comments: