Monday, January 09, 2006

Reflections on the Florida State vs. Penn State bowl game

Wow.
I will never forget this game. I was nervous, tense, and loved watching the whole thing! All three overtimes. I don't think a bowl game could get any better than that...except maybe if we had actually won, but hey, we did pretty well considering our rank (22) and there's (3).

I basically say we won only because we were expected to be creamed and we gave them the fight of their lives. I don't think that quarterback was ever pounded that much before! Yay for Seminole defense! :)

Weatherford did AMAZING!! He's only a freshman and he played sooo well--it was frustrating though that he wasn't protected as he should have been...but hey, we were a crippled team..too many guys hurt in the season.

The Seminoles even broke an Orange Bowl record when Willie Reid scored a touchdown on an 87-yard punt return! He broke the record of the 80-yard punt return by former Florida State athletic director Cecil Ingram for Alabama in 1953, 1981.

It was a crazy night especially since I had to be at work the next morning at 6am!! I was really tired--going to bed at 1:30am and getting up at 5:30am!! I decided to call it my nap for the night instead of actual rest! But it sure was fun teasing my co-worker (an avid Miami fan) about the game...my whole goal was for FSU to score more points than Miami did in their bowl game...hehehe. Oh and did we! hehe. Don't worry, I wasn't too harsh on him, he looked a little forlorn about his team. Pobre Miami, they are finding out they are a human team that makes mistakes and looses.

Oh well! Such is the fate of all of us when it comes to football. This is why I love college sports! The mystery of what will happen!

Now on to ACC basketball!! :)

...one more thing...I think it's pretty sweet that both Florida State AND Duke beat VTech in basketball...HA HA! They are soo mean...their attitude reminds me of what Miami used to be before the losses...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

whatever...so i'm really bad at spelling. you get the picture of what i'm trying to say and that's all that matters.