Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My date with Adonai

I love going on dates with God because He always knows exactly what I want and need and how to make me feel completely loved and desirable to Him! My date happened Sunday night at 7...well He started working up to it at around 2! ;)

First, my Toyota started leaking oil, so Dad and I had to take it to the mechanic. They told us it would take around 1.5 hours to fix, apparently the gasket wasn't put in properly. Since I had to get back to school, Dad let me take the Grand Prix up to Tally. So I left Orlando at around 2:45 instead of 1:30, like I had planned. I soon realized there was NO way I was going to make my 2 sorority meetings that night because of the delay. Surprisingly, that thought relieved a lot of pressure and caused me to actually enjoy driving back to Tallahassee.

During the ride up God continually amazed me with His artwork. He showed me red & orange leafed trees...yes even in March. He painted a sunset that took my breath away!

When I arrived to Tally it was dinner time and I had no idea where to go, well "Quiznos" popped into my head and I decided to go there. After getting my French dip sandwich I sat in the car and was about to begin eating when "Lake Ella" popped into my head. So guess what? I drove to Lake Ella and found a great parking space that looked out over the water. I sat there eating my sandwich watching cars, people, and water pass by, listening to Christian radio while my spirit was being refreshed.

God is good! He knew I needed a little bit of quiet before I started the week...and He set it up so that I would get it!

One single drop of rain
Your salty tear became blue ocean
One tiny grain of sand turning in your hand
A world in motion
You're out beyond the furthest Morning Star
Close enough to hold me in Your arms
Adonai, I lift up my heart and I cry
My Adonai
You are the Maker of each moment
Father of my hope and freedom
Oh, my Adonai
One timid faithful knock
Resounds up the Rock of Ages
One trembling heart and soul
Becomes a servant bold and courageous
You call across the mountains and the seas
I answer from the deepest part of me
Adonai, I lift up my heart and I cry
My Adonai
You are the Maker of each moment
Father of my hope and freedom
Oh, my Adonai

From age to age you reign in Majesty
And today You're making miracles in me

(song by Avalon)

Thank You, my Adonai...

No comments: