Monday, December 05, 2005

My Teacher Poem

So after talking to my friend Kyle, I decided to put my most recent poem I have written (meaning last fall to be exact--shows how much I enjoy writing them) up on my blog. It was for a class assignment and was supposed to show our passion for teaching. Keep in mind that at this point in my life, I had decided to switch majors from education to plain literature...so most of the language in the poem, if referring to teaching is sarcastic in nature. But, I tried to keep to what I am passionate about, and that is literature and writing. So, without anymore explaining...here is my teacher poem....

Fantasia
written: Nov. 4, 2004

Learning is the fire that shines in my classroom.
It lights the way for students on the road to success,
Uncovering patches of doubt and fear.
The burning flames purify and refine understanding,
Shaping it into strong, shining silver.
Minds and souls like moths, fragile, but able to fly above preconceptions.
Drawn to glow of literature and the warmth of the written word.

Blossoming authors can be seen here,
Budding and sprouting diction, syntax, and imagination.
A strong, bold tiger lily helps a passionate daffodil find her voice
A creeping caterpillar chews the bits and pieces of a writer’s craft,
Morphing into a butterfly born to freely write.

So many unique creatures.
Fire and wildflowers.
Moths and caterpillars.
Coloring the world with the fragrance of life long learning.


Sorta hilarious to read after being out of the program so long...I'm soo happy I switched majors! (Even though I still encourage people to write...I just can't do it as my career!) Now it's a matter of continuous prayer as I seek what God wants me to do with my life!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Pretty funny too. Glad I could inspire one of your blog posts. Have a good day.