Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Christmas flu

So sadly, my "it's the most wonderful time of year" mood was dampened this year by the flu...yes, I got the flu. My mom had it first, then my dad, then me. I'm still not completely over it, but finally have energy to things around my room that have been waiting for me this whole break.

My friend says that this sickness was pent up stress from the fall semester...every time she and I go home for break we get sick...it's like our bodies know that it isn't possible to get sick during the school year, so they wait until we can relax and they hit us with sickness...right in the face. Thankfully I have a whole week and a half left of break to really relax and prepare myself for MY LAST SEMESTER IN COLLEGE! :)

So leave me be flu bug....consider yourself beaten down by my little white blood cells and the Great Physician who control's them! Ha ha!

1 comment:

Carly said...

yes... please leave flu bug! I hope you are still on your way to feeling better Carrie. I can't wait to see you on Saturday! You better rest up tomorrow because we are going to keep you up late... :)