Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Ohio Trip

Well I'm back in O-town and it definitely is lacking on a lot of levels. I miss Mandy and Mikey already and am glad I got a chance to see them for a mini-reunion. My flight back was better than going to Ohio and I discovered that the music channels on airplanes have gotten so much better! I basically listened to music the whole way back--country, pop, rock, Top 40...oh yes much improved since the last time I flew. Ted Airlines--you rock! (They even serve Starbucks coffee on board, they obviously know quality when they see it.)

Mikey--it was so fun to hang with you and laugh practically all day long. You are awesome! Wurtle! Yes, that is a word, and a candy. ;) I taught Mikey the Disney 3-fingered smile, and basically I could not stop laughing every time he did it. He was smiling so big that his left eye was closing! hahaha!

Curious on what this smile looks like? Well all you have to do is hold out three fingers and put them vertically in your mouth and then smile so that when you take away your fingers your smile is the same size as when they were in your mouth. Yes, it's a HUGE smile, but hey, it's Disney!! They are VERY happy. So do that and then look at yourself in the mirror, I guarantee you will giggle! Try it on your friends; they will fall out of their chairs laughing--especially at 11:00 at night. Mikey and I were in the midst of a game of Outburst, when we started doing 3-fingered smiles at each other...that's when I lost it and we both were basically useless for our team-mates!

Did you know that in Ohio they have these light, lantern things that kill bugs? It's so awesome! These lanterns give off a blue-ish light that attracts moths, mosquitoes, flys...bugs in general and when they fly into it...it electrocutes them and makes this zzzzeeeiiiitt pop noise. How great is that? Florida NEEDS these things! It would be so awesome to sit in your porch and know that every time you hear a "snap" a bug has died. hehehe....oh yes, I want one sooo badly. Bye Bye love-bugs! wahahaha!

I discovered that Florida State is also lacking in beauty--Ohio University has to be one of the prettiest campuses I've seen. If you click my link to OU's webpage you can see pictures of OU (refresh the main page to get new pics of their campus) It is set among beautiful hills--covered with trees that will change in the Fall, every building is brick, the grounds are covered in tall green trees, and the buildings are all unique. OU has a rock climbing wall inside their fitness center, and even has a lake and hiking trails ten minutes away from the campus. It made me want to transfer and be educated in such a gorgeous place. It was great to get away and see mountains, lakes, feel cool weather--too bad it was only six days! But who knows, maybe I'll live in a place like that!! (hint hint God) ;)

No comments: