Sunday, July 18, 2004

Inspiration on the OU campus

I am writing this blog from an apartment complex that is on Ohio University campus--what a beautiful place! So many hills covered in trees that would be gorgeous during the autumn months, I am so jealous! The campus buildings themselves are pretty too, all red brick and old looking. It makes you want to take a book and just read under a tree!

Man, I have loved my vacation trip so far! :)

Piqua, Ohio is the cutest town it has so much charm. For instance, it has an old-fashioned fire station--like the kind you see on movies or in the musical The Music Man. The houses are so spread out and the corn fields are plentiful. Wide open spaces. Makes me feel like I'm in the heart of America! I forgot how many things I miss living in Florida like hummingbirds. They are so cute to watch. Another thing is potted plants. Flowers shrivel up and die in the heat, but here they flourish and give the town vibrant color! I wanted to buy one and take it home with me as my friend, but I decided against it considering I'd have to carry it on the plane with me!! Hills are a plus--Florida is flat and probably sinking, so any type of landscape is actually nice to look at for a change! The green trees and 'real' grass is awesome as well. Palm trees are alright, but Evergreen and Maple are pretty all the time...and St. Augustine grass is just stupid. Soft grass is the way to go! One HUGE thing that I miss while living in Florida is temperate weather. This whole week we've had 70-80 degree weather (perfect) and I've experienced the sensation of cold at night. Wow, feeling cold in July--what a concept!!

I have been pampered to the max--Mandy you rock my world! She has gone above and beyond to make my stay here in Ohio awesome. I have eaten at The Spot--had a piece of their famous pie, eaten Ohio corn on the cob, had a manicure, pedicure, facial, and hair cut for free!! Her mom rocks my world as well--she is the beautician who gave us a spa day for free! Yes, I did say I got a hair cut and man is it short!! No more growing out my hair--I knew I would get tired of it. Well now folks, it doesn't even touch my shoulders!! It is what you would call a layered bob! What inspired me to chop my hair you might ask?? Well Mandy's friend Katie had this hair cut and that's all it took! One look and my goal of growing my hair long went out the window!! haha! Mandy has shown me her wedding dress--which is gorgeous, took me to a huge inside/outside mall in Easton, Ohio. That was crazy, it had very expensive stores. Let's just say that in Forever 21, they had real live models in their store windows. Like the girls would pose in the store's clothes and then change positions every five minutes. It was insane! The town reminded me of a mixture of Winter Park, Florida and the Millennia Mall. Well that's all I have time for today...more later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful Carrie... especially the trees and weather :)
And the spa day...wow!...with a haircut. Can't wait to see it. I would have loved to see the live models...always heard but never seen, that's got to be a little weird and freaky. enjoy the rest of your trip!
~nate c

Anonymous said...

Hey Care Bear! Thanks for coming to visit me. I had a blast and loved getting to know you better. You are an amazing woman of God and you have blessed my life in numerous ways. Stay strong in your faith and good luck next year at FSU!! You're forever in my prayers.
~Your Twin (Puppy)
p.s. Love the haircut!