Friday, April 23, 2004

Two years and counting...

I am officially one final away from being half way done with college and my school career! That is the best news I have ever reported! I cannot wait to graduate and be done with writing papers and reading required novels that stink. :) Not that I haven't enjoyed myself here in college for the past two years...but it hasn't been the "best two out of four years of my life" like everyone says it is.

Speaking of school...I was hoping to get straight A's this semester and earn that $75 check that my sorority gives out to girls who get perfect GPAs...I could use an extra 75 dollars in my account right now. But it is looking grim...my African American Literature teacher is so frustrating. He refuses to be nice to people and give them a break.

This one guy, Ernest, goes above and beyond in all his classwork, reading responses, and even answers the professor’s questions all the time. So earlier this week we had a research paper due on the 20th and could turn it in on the 15th for extra credit. We didn't have class on the 15th because our teacher went to a conference, but he told us that if a secretary time stamped our papers by 3:15 in the English department office we would get extra credit. So Ernest finishes his paper at 2:30, goes to the office, now it's 3:00. He finds that the secretaries are having a party?!? (Who does that? especially on a Thursday at 3:00?) So he hunts them down, brings this secretary back to the office to time stamp his paper. She does, but time stamps it according to her watch that which was 5 MINUTES FAST, and stamps it at 3:20. Ernest notices this and tells her that it's 3:15 and she should change it, but she refuses. Ernest explains to her that our professor won't give him extra credit if she doesn't. She still refuses to change it and even has the audacity to tell him "Maybe he won't notice." Yeah right! So Ernest decides to run home and email our professor at 3:20 explaining what happened and that he couldn't have possibly been at the office and written the email at the same time. But my professor emails him back refusing to give him extra credit saying he told the class the time deadline. What a horrible man! Why couldn't he have been a little nicer to Ernest? It ticks me off. So I'm assuming I'll get a 93.9 in the class and he will refuse to round it up, giving me an A. So I'll end up with an A-, thus ruining my chances of getting $75. :( I don't like it when people who could have given someone grace in a certain situation chooses not to.