Wednesday, February 11, 2009

17 Days and Counting...

Recent Wedding Realization:

One reason why so many brides go crazy right before their wedding day is because for 6-12 months they have planned, attended to details, called vendors, put out fires with family members, chose stationary, tasted random food/cake combos, sent out invitations, tried on dresses, shoes, make-up...etc. Then in one night, a measly 8 hours later, they are supposed to forget all of that, leave the stress, unhinge the madness that is event planning and become the main event of the day. WHAT?!

There isn't another time in life when you plan an event to that tremendous scale and not remain the host while the event unfolds. Being in the background makes sense because you know the vendors, the schedule, how it's supposed to run so you can make sure everyone is having a great time. But it isn't the case with a wedding. A wedding is mainly about the couple. They are the show. They are the reason why everyone comes to the church/park.

So I will try my best to "just enjoy the day" "forget about the stress" "let go of the details" but I have to admit it will be a little hard since for the past year wedding planning has consumed a lot of my mind and free time.

Well I have 17 days to break the habit...

...but only after we've talked to the church, met with our caterer, paid for our cake, printed our programs, hand-write our place cards, pick up the marriage license, finalized the seating chart, hand out our itinerary, compile our photo list, practice my hair with hair stylist, write thank-yous to parents, pack for the honeymoon, clean the house for wedding guests...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh dearest GGBig the lovely thing that most brides forget ( and as the MOH I have learned this) is that if everything you have planned has crumbled and nothing is how you planned it.... Nobody will know it but you :-) Everyone is so obsessed with how pretty the bride is, how cute kids look while the destroy the church, and how in the World do Cake ppl make such amazing things out of ICING?!?!
Breathe and remember you have done everything possible but at the end of the day none of it REALLY matters. What matters is the person you are marrying and the family/ friend there with you. :-)
Like you said ya'll are the show, take an intermission and have FUN!!! <3 you

AuntMimi said...

Wow, you're getting married so soon! I am very happy for you. I will check back to hear all the details. If you have a wedding website I would love to visit it, let me know the address. I hope you keep your faith and sanity through the next couple weeks...it'll be hard, but if anyone can do it, you can.

AuntMimi said...

oh, AUNTMIMI is Amanda Manson from CSU 2003. I forgot that you wouldn't recognize my screenname. It is what my nephew calls me.

Carrie said...

Hey Mandy! :) Glad you commented, I'll be glad to send you the wedding website link, just email me at Dan_and_Carrie@live.com and I'll send it to you. I don't really want to publish the website on my blog since it is public. :)

Anonymous said...

hmm this was good for me to read!! You are such a good encourager!
- Carly