Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My mornings with the Lord

The past week I've changed up my personal devotional time a bit. Inspired by a Campus Crusade leader overseas, I decided to try this new approach to reading scripture:

1. Meditate on the words of Jesus (a few verses)
2. Read the Proverb of the day
3. End praising the Lord with a Psalm

What a blessing and encouragement it has turned out to be!! :) It's neat how the Bible compliments itself and allows a full range of refreshment: learning the characteristics of Jesus, wise instruction, and praise to our Lord.

This morning was no different, God reminded me to come to Him, trust Him and I will find rest and blessing for my soul.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30

"Evil men do not understand justice. But those who seek the Lord understand all things.
Better is the poor who walks in his integrity, than he who is crooked/perverse though he be rich.
An arrogant man stirs up strife, but he who trusts in the Lord will prosper." -Proverbs 28:5-6, 25

"How blessed is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways. When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands, you will be happy and it will be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine within your house, your children like olive plants around your table. Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord." -Psalm 128:1-4

No comments: