Monday, February 12, 2007

Noah

While attending a conference in Singapore, a devotional was given on Noah (Genesis 6) that challenged me. It reminded me that God will not give me a dream without a reason or a way to achieve it. The point isn't that I figure out a way to reach it.

The point is what I learn in the process...dependance on His strength and might, trusting in His love, surrendering to His purpose and desires for me...growing deeper in my walk with Him. This message reminded me that my dreams for my life are much smaller than His dreams and purposes for me. How exciting! :)

Here are the main points I got out of the message:

*God extends big dreams to us as we walk with Him. Noah found favor with God and was called righteous. (v.9)

*God’s dreams are naturally impossible for us to complete ourselves. Just like God told Noah to build an ark even when Noah had no idea what rain or a flood were or even how to build an ark himself. (v.14)

*God’s dreams demand our obedience. Even when others mocked him, Noah was faithful to the impossible dream God gave him. (v.22)

Here are the 10 tips he gave us. I thought they were cute considering the topic! :)
-We are all in the same boat
-Stay fit!
-Don’t listen to critics.
-Build your future on high ground.
-For safety’s sake, always travel in pairs.
-Speed is not always an advantage.
-If you are stressed, float along.
-The ark was built by amateurs.
-No matter the storm, you are still with God.
-There is always a rainbow waiting.

*God’s dreams are fulfilled God’s way. When God commands, you say “yes” and He will bring about the results, He will take care of us.

*God’s dreams are enjoyed by the faithful. God has made us with giftings to fit us for what He called us for. He will fulfill His dreams for our lives. As long as we continue to trust Him, He will accomplish His plans for our lives.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Thanks for sharing Carrie. The 10 tips really inspired my faith today...and they were cute.

Jason said...

Carrie, you asked how I showed the drop-down archives on my site. I honestly have no idea. I selected a new layout and that happened to be part of the package deal (to my delight). Sorry I can't be of more help.

Unknown said...

Carrie! So glad that you found my site! And I've enjoyed looking at your thoughts too. I would love to hear more about your life lately- it sounds like you've been all over the place. Let's talk soon, friend. -Skatt #2