Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Emerald Bowl

So the Emerald Bowl was hilarious. First of all, I didn't even know such a bowl existed! But hey, it was a surprise my Seminoles made it to a bowl game...after such a horrible season. Secondly, I didn't know there were bowl games in December...again because the Seminoles usually get into a bowl game that is played in January, I guess you learn a lot when your season sucks. Thirdly...the sponsors of this bowl are just plain genius. I don't think I've laughed so hard during commercial breaks and actually looked forward to seeing commercials so much in my life. I found a snippet of an article about it and they described it so well I thought I'd quote part of it:

If you haven't caught the ads, they're as simple as they are absurd. In one, a chubby North European stands by a giant target as someone shoots arrows around the bull's-eye. The European coaches the archer, who is off-camera. Even when an arrow hits the dude in the leg, he remains cheerful. Then the tag line goes: "E. N. Encouraging Norwegians love Emerald Nuts."

Yes, it is completely ridiculous...but then again I think random things are hilarious! Like the Superbowl commercial for Tabasco sauce...there's a guy who's eating his pizza and you'll have to click the link to see what happens!

Anyways here are the four Emerald Nut commercial tag lines I saw while watching the Seminoles win the game. :)

Envious Nomads love Emerald Nuts! <--my absolute favorite one! Extreme Nurses
Electromagnetic Navigator
Entangled Nine-year-olds

I went on a hunt to try and find clips of these commercials, but alas I didn't find them. However, I did find other ones...

Official Website: (click "tv ads" at the top of the page, then click "hi" or "lo" connection speed)
Eccentric Matadors Exercising Religiously And Littering Do Not Use The Steamroller
Engrossed Manicurists Eventually Relay Advice Like Do Not Untie That String

Superbowl 2006:
Eagle-eyed Machete Enthusiasts Recognize A Little Druid Networking Under The Stairs

Superbowl 2005:
Umm...that's not true Jim. <--My siblings and I laughed so hard at this one and replayed it many times...we all decided the girl in this one is just plain strange and slightly creepy...but so much fun to imitate!

No comments: