Wednesday, September 07, 2005

absent writings

I truly believe that technology, this week at least, is against me.

-The people who control the Internet I need refuse to turn on wireless, so now I have a pointless wireless card that cannot do it's job for my computer. Result? I had to go out and buy myself an Ethernet cord...and found out it was too short. So I returned it and now have a gargantuan one, borrowed from a friend, that will definitely be long enough. I think I could plug my computer into the moon if it had Internet, that's how long this thing is!

-My computer decided that corrupting registry files is a cool thing to do. Result? I had to buy a new hard drive and now have to backup all the files I want and turn my poor computer into the hospital (Geek Squad at Best Buy) so they can operate for 3-5 hours and put a new hard drive into it.

-My cell phone decided that turning off and turning on at the same time was possible....it's not. Result? I had to wait 3-4 hours for the thing to respond to anything I did...and I basically had to read the manual and take out the battery (all the while praying my phone numbers would still be there when I put it back in) and see what happens. Luckily, it works fine now.

Meanwhile, secretary duties that require my computer are piling up and essays are due soon...yay for being so dependent on these machines. I'm so glad my roommate does not mind me checking my mail, homework, or typing blogs on hers. :) Thanks friend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gargantuan is a fantabulous word.

Anonymous said...

"anonymous" is katie

Carrie said...

Thanks Katie! :)