Friday, November 05, 2004

Freedom

God I have taken the burden once again,
Placed it on my back and tried to stand.
But I'm falling, tripping, and panicking under the load.
This heavy load that tries to crush my spirit,
Tries to blind my eyes so I will loose my way and look away from You.
Where are You in the midst of my stupidity?
Are You calling for me or walking from me?

God I want to take it off,
Lord I want to give it up to You.
But I am so weak,
Unable to lift if from my shoulders.

Will You once again take this burden off my back?
Will You once again forgive my sin?
Will you once again carry me in Your arms,
Protect me and love me through Your grace?
Will You help me?


Carrie, My precious child.
I am Elohim, the Stong, Faithful, and Only True God.
Why do you doubt My promises?
I am El-Roi, the God who sees and understands.
I see you and know your struggling.
I will not leave nor forsake you,
For you are Mine.

I gave everything for you--I gave up My Son for you.
I forgave your sin and wiped you clean!
You need not fear or struggle with your flesh--I have conquered it!
You are free!

I am Jehovah-Rohi, the Lord your Shepherd.
I will take your burden.
I will carry you.
I have forgiven you.
You are my daughter,
Forever.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yeah, I wrote it. :) Thanks for the compliment! I do hope I get to see you in January, Mikey! Where is the training?