Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Withdrawl

On account of a virus in our house network, I have been going through a long period of internet withdrawal. But thankfully, I have it back because of a little thing called anti-virus software. Yay for Norton. :) There have been so many opportunities to blog this past month, but my ability to write was crippled by mounds of homework and lack of internet. :( So I shall try to recollect the things that were interesting and give an account of them.

First of all, my major will be changing. How does this make me feel? Ecstatic! No more lesson planning, tutoring HS students in weird schools, learning how to deal with ELLs and students with disabilities in my classroom...because I won't have a classroom! No more reading about curriculum and assessment techniques! Instead I will be learning about literature and religions of the world. I will enjoy reading for class and will increase my heart for the nations of the world. Thank goodness God gave me the ability to choose and I have chosen...NOT to do Education anymore. :)

The only disappointment in changing majors is that I will be leaving an awesome bunch of students. I love my classmates in my current major, they are going to become the best secondary English teachers and I would not mind having my future children in their classroom. Their passion for literature and drive to challenge and influence kids will take them through the major and shape them into great teachers. I will also miss my interactions with my professor, Wiggly, he gave me one of the most unique nicknames I have received thus far in my life, Dee Dee, it has no connection whatsoever with my real name. He also made this semester bearable and for that I am grateful! Dee Dee thanks you!

More later...

No comments: