Monday, March 01, 2004

...

The Passion of Christ...

There are few words to describe how I felt in that theatre as I watched my Savior die for me. To see His extreme example of keeping your eyes fixed on the goal set before you, glorifying God was incredible. Crying uncontrollably at times when it struck me with such force the sacrifice He went through for such a hateful, proud, disguisting people. Seeing Him continue His ministry even in the last 12 hours of His life...and seeing Him continue to challenge people and change lives...the soldier whose ear was healed, Pilot, Simeon, the slave in Herod's house, the woman who gave Him water. Simeon--the man who paralleled so closely the heart of some Christians...someone who knew Jesus, but did not want to be associated with Him. Seeing them together carrying the cross gave me such a beautiful picture of what it is like traveling through life with Jesus...He knows the way, He is with us. "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me." Luke 9:23