Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Pencil marks on a wall, I wasn't always this tall
You scattered some monsters from beneath my bed.
You watched my team win, and watched my team loose
Watched when my bicycle went down again.

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Elbow Healer, Superhero, come if you can.
You said, I Am.

Only sixteen, life is so mean
What kind of curfew is at 10 pm?
You saw my mistakes and watched my heart break
Heard when I swore I'd never love again

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
And I said Heartache Healer, Secret Keeper, be my best friend
You said, I Am.

You saw me wear white by pale candlelight
I said 'forever' to what lies ahead
Two kids and a dream, with kids that can scream
Too much it might seem when it is 2 am.

When I was weak, unable to speak, still I could call You by name
Oh, Shepherd, Savior, Pasture Maker, hold on to my hand.
You say, I Am.

The winds of change and circumstance
Blow in and all around us
So we find a foothold that's familiar.
And bless the moments that we feel You nearer.

When life had begun, I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne.
Who can say when, but they'll dance again
When I am free and finalaly headed home

I will be weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End
I Am. I Am.

"I AM" by: Nichole Nordeman

This is one of my favorite songs right now, it grasps for me how personal our God truly is...and that is a comfort to me. If you click her name, it will send you to her page of song clips, I highly recommend listening to this one.

No comments: